Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
What articles would you like to see?
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Author 
 Message
moggins



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 942
Location: Gloucester
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 05 8:31 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

Carpentry skills for the total idiot?

I have a door to hang and I really don't want to get that carpenter back, I had earache after the last session.

jema
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 26610
Location: escaped from Swindon
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 05 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

moggins wrote:
Carpentry skills for the total idiot?

I have a door to hang and I really don't want to get that carpenter back, I had earache after the last session.


Did you read building a wood working shop?

For hanging a door I would not be without a cheap power planer.

wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 14947
Location: East Midlands
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 05 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Treacodactyl wrote:
Erm, I did post one here: http://forum.downsizer.net/about1647.html

I was waiting for comments before adding it to the main site. There's plenty of room for another article as this one's aimed at people who don't do much gardening.


That's me - its perfect, don't know how I missed it!

gill_didsbury



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 44
Location: Adelaide. South Austrlia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 05 5:03 am    Post subject: what articles would you like to see? Reply with quote    

Hi all, hope everyone is well :-]

I would like to see articles on:-
Frugal living
Basket making
Organic gardening

Thanks
Gill

Lloyd



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Blacksmith wrote:
I volenteered an article on "stationary engines" a while back, started to write it, realised how dull it was and gave up.
I have stared to write an article on small engines,( mowers, chainsaws, strimmers, generators etc etc) fault finding ,when they won't start, simple fault finding guide.....................Would this be of interest ?
Or maintenance/ repair of pumps?Any other mechanical problems?
Dave


Damn Right, Dave!...My petrol mower is only 2 but won't start. Any tips mate?

Lloyd



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I'd be interested to see more articles about shooting and fishing, more about maintaining equipment yourself rather than paying for it, and more about our site here, which we al contribute to..Say, annual statement of accounts, what charities wil benefit, that kind of thing.

jema
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 26610
Location: escaped from Swindon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Madman wrote:
I'd be interested to see more articles about shooting and fishing, more about maintaining equipment yourself rather than paying for it, and more about our site here, which we al contribute to..Say, annual statement of accounts, what charities wil benefit, that kind of thing.


Good point about stuff about the site. Moves are afoot with accounts, charities has been the idea suggested for excess cash, but ideas have also cropped up to buy stuff to expand what we do and this would throw us in the red considerably.

Just for the record, we operate as a non profit site with no one being paid to do anything.

jema
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 26610
Location: escaped from Swindon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Madman wrote:
I'd be interested to see more articles about shooting and fishing, more about maintaining equipment yourself rather than paying for it, and more about our site here, which we al contribute to..Say, annual statement of accounts, what charities wil benefit, that kind of thing.


Good point about stuff about the site. Moves are afoot with accounts, charities has been the idea suggested for excess cash, but ideas have also cropped up to buy stuff to expand what we do and this would throw us in the red considerably.

Just for the record, we operate as a non profit site with no one being paid to do anything.

moggins



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 942
Location: Gloucester
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

jema wrote:
Just for the record, we operate as a non profit site with no one being paid to do anything.


That describes my life to a tee

Bugs



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 10744

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

moggins wrote:
jema wrote:
Just for the record, we operate as a non profit site with no one being paid to do anything.


That describes my life to a tee


You ought to put that at the front door Moggins, make a change from the usual "no hawkers, no beggars, no "would you like to switch utilities madam""

"This is a non-profit family with nobody being paid to do anything. If you have spare manure or big strong arms please pop round the back door for a spade and a cup of tea, otherwise, try the neighbours, they have more money than sense".

moggins



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 942
Location: Gloucester
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Bugs, it's perfect, I will order the sign in the morning. Perhaps it will last longer than my "please do not obstruct my driveway" sign did

Deedee



Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 250
Location: Surrey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

nice one Bugs what do you suggest for putting off many unwanted visitors who often drop in as they think I'm bored at home all day

Bugs



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 10744

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I aim to please

wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 14947
Location: East Midlands
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 05 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Bugs wrote:
moggins wrote:
jema wrote:
Just for the record, we operate as a non profit site with no one being paid to do anything.


That describes my life to a tee


You ought to put that at the front door Moggins, make a change from the usual "no hawkers, no beggars, no "would you like to switch utilities madam""

"This is a non-profit family with nobody being paid to do anything. If you have spare manure or big strong arms please pop round the back door for a spade and a cup of tea, otherwise, try the neighbours, they have more money than sense".


It would be perfect in cross stitch (might take me a few years, though! I'm still knitting the bunny rabbit!)

mochyn



Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 24560
Location: mid-Wales
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 05 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Just about to post the cheese flapjack recipe on the recipe site...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com